Aims of the lesson:
Practical: to practice pupil’ skills in oral speech; to review vocabulary of the topic “My Day” and to use it in the speech
Developing: to develop pupils’ skills to build their thoughts logically; imagination, memory; creative abilities and talents; to incorporate team and pair work
Up-bringing: to bring up pupils’ motivation in learning a foreign language; to develop sociocultural skills to communicate with people; to introduce competitive spirit into a group.
Equipment: computers, a tape-recorder, a set of bright pictures and things.
Good Morning, Ukraine!!! English Club TV Channel is online.
I am Tetiana Svizhevska, the host of your favourite program, glad to meet you in our Elab. (English Lab)
Wake up, Ukraine! Wake up, boys and girls! Do you hear an alarm-clock ringing? What time is it?
It’s about seven now.
Wake body, wake mind!
Work, play, seek and find,
Eat breakfast, dinner too.
Wash, brush, sing, dance and do.
T. And what are you doing now at seven o’clock? Listen to a traditional English song “This is the way”, sing and show us the things you usually do in the morning.
1. This is the way I wake up and get up, wake up and get up, wake up and get up. This is the time I wake up and get up at seven o’clock in the morning. 7:00
2. This is the way I do my exercises, do my exercises, do my exercises. This is the time I do my exercises at five past seven in the morning. 7:05
3. This is the way I wash my face, wash my hands, wash my hands. This is the time I wash my face at quarter past seven in the morning. 7:15
4. This is the way I brush my hair, brush my hair, brush my hair. This is the time I comb my hair at twenty five past seven in the morning. 7:25
5. This is the way I have my breakfast, have my breakfast, have my breakfast. This is the time I have my breakfast at half past seven in the morning. 7:30
6. This is the way I clean my teeth, clean my teeth, clean my teeth. This is the time I brush my teeth at quarter to eight in the morning. 7:45
7. This is the way I dress myself, dress myself, dress myself. This is the time I put on my clothes at ten to eight in the morning. 7:50
8. This is the way I go out to school, go out to school, go out to school. This is the time I go out to school at 8 o’clock in the morning. 8:00
T. Tell us about the things you do every morning before you go to school.
Are you busy as a bee every morning?
What do you usually do at this time, at 7 o’clock?
This is the time I play with my friends at 3 o’clock in the afternoon.
This is the time I do my homework at 5 o’clock in the afternoon.
This is the time I help my mum at 7 o’clock in the evening.
This is the time I go to bed at 9 o’clock in the evening.
T. Oh, what time is it?
T. Where are you?
P. I am at school.
T. What are you doing now?
P. I am having English.
T. We are looking for a game now.
How to play
Listen to the time and move the hands on the clock. Click on the button and listen. What time is it?
Click on the hands to move them to the right place.
Click on Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3. Read or listen to the time. Click on this button if you do not want to read the text. See the results and evaluate yourself according to the scale.
Ryan’s typical day
T. Meet Ryan. Read about his typical day.
Try to remember the time he gets up.
What time does Ryan get up?
What time does Ryan watch TV?
Put the words in the right order to make sentences about Ryan’s day. Check your score and speed at the end of the game.
What time does Ryan…?
I remember, he … at …
What time does he arrive at school?
What time does he have lunch?
What time does he go home?
What time does he go swimming?
What time does he watch TV?
What time does he have tea?
What time does he go to bed?
Ryan gets up at half past seven. 7:30 a.m.
He arrives at school at half past eight. 8:30 a.m.
Ryan has lunch at twelve o’clock. 12:00 a.m.
He goes home at half past three. 3:30 p.m.
Ryan goes swimming at four o’clock. 4:00 p.m.
He watches TV at five o’clock. 5:00 p.m.
Ryan has tea at six o’clock. 6:00 p.m.
He goes to bed at half past ten. 10:30 p.m.
Writing an email
Leave Ryan your comments about your day.
Write an email to your friend and tell him about your day, ask if he or she does his/her morning exercises, etc. (about the things he usually does or doesn’t do) every day.
T. Today is the fourteenth of February. What holiday are we going to celebrate today? We are going to celebrate St. Valentine’s Day. Your Granny, aunts and uncles are coming. You are going to have a family dinner. Welcome to “Trolley Dash!” Your mum has prepared a shopping list. You have sixty seconds to collect everything on your shopping list. Finish in time and move to the next level.
Happy St. Valentine’s Day!!!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue
And so are you.